The Secret Ingredients of Effective CMMS Training
In order to effectively utilize a Computerized Maintenance Management Software (CMMS) solution
, training is vital to success. Maintenance professionals, who are often responsible for executing complex procedures and operating heavy machinery, know the importance of training better than anyone.
Research shows that companies with a CMMS solution only actively use 10-20% of a system’s functionality, which only scratches the surface of the possible improvements and benefits of a CMMS. In addition, the failure rate of CMMS implementation projects is at 60-80%.
All of this data led providers such as eMaint to make it their mission to provide clients of all shapes, sizes and budgets with a breadth of different training resources to facilitate success. From initial implementation guidance to ongoing in-person and online training options, a CMMS provider should partner with a client throughout the life of their CMMS usage. Users who have attended eMaint training report an immediate return on investment. By attending CMMS software training, users:
- Learn to perform functions correctly, eliminating time-consuming trial and error
- Minimize time spent reaching out to eMaint support with questions
- Gain tips and tricks on how to be more productive and efficient
- Learn best practices to optimize processes such as compliance and Return on Investment through consultations with maintenance professionals
- Learn the latest updates and enhancements within the system
- Ultimately save time spent in the system to allow for completion of other tasks
What Goes into Great CMMS Training?
One key differentiator between a good CMMS provider and a great provider is the ideological approach behind training. With a provider’s training options, it is vital to consider the needs, wants and desires of their audience. What range of options do they provide, and are they available on demand? For example:
- What are some of the options and platforms for learning? Do they offer online trainings that you can watch live, or go back to when you have more time?
- For those who are visual, tactile or auditory learners, how does the provider leverage their resources to give the user freedom to learn in their own way, at their own pace?
- Are training sessions interactive, measurable, and ongoing?
- Do you have to adhere to the provider’s schedule and location, or will they come to you?
- When you engage in training, does it pique your interest? Do you want to go back and learn more?
- Can you train on the CMMS solution across a variety of devices?
eMaint’s “Service on 11” Training Approach
At eMaint, it is our primary goal to provide support and service that goes beyond customer expectations. When it comes to customer service, our dial doesn’t stop at 10 – we push ourselves even further to provide “Service on 11.” Because of this, we are constantly listening to feedback from customers to establish CMMS software training options that maintenance professionals can – and will – actually use. We offer a range of in-person and online training sessions designed to fit any budget.
For the more visual and tactile learners, eMaint’s Boot Camp training sessions are designed for new users to jump start their usage of the system and experienced users to expand their knowledge of more advanced features. These sessions can take place either at eMaint’s state-of-the-art Training & Experience Center (TEC), or at your facility.
Users can take advantage of Custom Training, in which eMaint develops a customized training agenda that aligns with your organization’s maintenance management needs and goals. The training can take place at eMaint’s TEC or at your facility.
eMaint also hosts Xcelerate User and Training Conferences at locations around the globe, providing users with the opportunity to get a first-hand look at new software features, attend training sessions, and network with other users.
Included in an eMaint subscription, the company offers comprehensive, complimentary online training resources to engage users first starting out, and throughout the entirety of their CMMS journey.
eMaint University is an interactive online learning management system that provides users with unlimited access to 150+ training courses, a library of recorded trainings, tutorials, and best practices workshops led by industry experts. One of the primary reasons for that 80% implementation failure rate mentioned previously is lack of training and system adoption. With eU’s 24/7 web-based access, users can train at their own pace on any browser-based device. Administrators can also assign courses to employees, and monitor progress on an ongoing basis.
With eU’s 24/7 web-based access, users can train at their own pace on any browser-based device. Administrators can also assign courses to employees, and monitor progress on an ongoing basis.
eMaint’s Community & Knowledge Base is a customer portal designed to help eMaint users get the most out of their CMMS. eMaint users have exclusive access to product documentation, a live chat feature, a support case management tool, and an idea port.
eMaint offers complimentary educational webinars and workshops on a monthly basis that are designed to expose maintenance professionals to a broad range of topics and concepts related to industry best practices and help them hone their management and maintenance planning and execution skills as well as their eMaint software skills.
More than a Provider – a Partner in CMMS Success
No matter a person’s learning style, it is always helpful to have a partnership to help along the way. That’s why, from the moment you sign on with eMaint, you are provided with a Customer Success Manager dedicated to your account. Customer Success Managers are your resource throughout the lifecycle of your partnership with eMaint. They offer training on the software, configuration and report-building assistance, and services to identify project plans and objectives, and help to determine the best strategy based on needs and budget.
eMaint also offers a wide range of Professional Services in order to become a one-stop-shop for not only software training, but industry best practices insights as well.
Led by eMaint Consultants and Implementation Specialists, eMaint’s Implementation Services help clients achieve CMMS success throughout their implementation and beyond. These services include:
- “Keys to Success” Implementation Service
- CMMS Implementation Assessment
- Continuous Improvement Assessment
- Project Management Support
- Project Kick Off
- Project Close Out
- Go Live Support
Consulting Services are also available to help organizations improve their overall maintenance management program. Options include:
- Asset Data Management
- MRO – Inventory & Stores Consulting
- Reports & KPIs Facilitation
- Workflow Processes Development and SOPs
- Reliability Concepts & eMaint Consulting
- Planned Maintenance & Scheduling
- International Standards (ISO 14224 & ISO 55000)
In addition, Technical Services are offered to help organizations with data collection, integration, data conversion, and more.
- Data Collection
- Data Cleansing / Standardization
- Data Conversion
- Integration Services
- Computer System Validation (CSV)
- PM Optimization Facilitation
- Functional / Technical Specification Development
As a provider that is committed to facilitating success, eMaint is in the business of building partnerships. By making it our standard to over deliver on service and acting on the feedback our customers provide eMaint has sustained well above a 90% customer retention rate over the years.