Due to Centralised Database
With Full-Featured Reporting
For New & Existing Employees
Cintas Selects eMaint CMMS for Roll Out to Over 150 Rental Production Facilities
Cintas Corporation provides specialised services to businesses of all types, including corporate identity uniforms, entrance mats, promotional products, safety products, and much more. In 2007, the company wanted to implement a company-wide CMMS solution to match their specific needs. After selecting eMaint, the company noticed the software helped save time and increased access, efficiency and visibility.
Cintas designs and manufactures specialised corporate identity uniforms, entrance mats, restroom supplies, promotional products, safety products, and document management services to over 800,000 businesses, through 430 facilities in the US and Canada. James Wagoner joined Cintas in 2007 as a Regional Field Engineer in the Rental Production division which consists of over 150 commercial laundry facilities.
In 2007, Cintas sought to implement a company-wide CMMS solution. Due to high upfront and recurring costs, the first CMMS selection was rejected by top management. James and a group of engineers saw the need for a standardised CMMS system. In 2011, James was tasked with launching a pilot CMMS programme that could provide a centralised database of historical maintenance and associated costs, transparency into daily operations, standardised procedures for PMs and Work Orders and the ability to tailor the system to match their specific processes. eMaint delivered these requirements at a low total cost of ownership and was ultimately selected for the pilot programme. The pilot was launched in November 2011 with a goal to roll the programme out to over 150 rental production facilities at the conclusion of the pilot.
James and the pilot team chose 11 plants for the pilot that accurately represented a cross-section of the Cintas community in location, size, equipment type, environment and system experience. Each pilot location began by identifying assets which include industrial washers, dryers, boilers, air compressors, waste water treatment systems, and sortation devices. A workflow was created to automatically prints LOTO forms with relevant work orders to ensure compliance with OSHA regulations. This is a time-saving step as there can be over 70 lock out, tag out forms per location. By utilising eMaint’s integrated document hosting feature, each location has access to the same appendices, photos, drawings, part lists and detailed instructions for recurring boilerplate PMs on common equipment, making corporate mandated changes easier to implement globally. Regional Managers and Plant Managers can access historical records of work performed to gain visibility into the type of work each technician is completing as well as overall completion rates. By defining Work Order types (corrective, predictive, project and administrative), managers can better oversee the time engineers are spending performing production work.
Customised reports present the daily activities of maintenance teams, individual work order labour hours, downtime percentages, mean time between failure, and percentage by work order type, helping Regional Engineers ensure that PM completion rates, compliance and overall productivity is improving within their group and success can be shared. Daily maintenance challenges and leading indicators to reliability performance are identified and action is taken immediately. The pilot programme met all goals and eMaint CMMS is rolling out to all rental production facilities.
- Centralised database facilitates faster implementation of company-wide changes and standardised procedures.
- Track completion and compliance of PMs (safety, quality, environmental) at a plant and regional level
- Full feature reporting provides managers with more transparency of daily plant operations.
- Establish a baseline reliability quality requirement for condition of equipment through standards, pictures PMs.
- Ensure continuity of an excellent reliability programme even when reliability staff turns over. Ensure new hires know exactly what level of reliability and execution is required.
- Live and pre-recorded training sessions on eMaint University enable new and current employees to receive consistent training "on-demand".
- Work Order reports help better manage time engineers spend on each type of activity.
- User-based subscription pricing made full-featured pilot affordable, including tailoring the system to match Cintas processes.